What is personal data?
Personal data can include your name, address, telephone number, email address, area of interest within our company, job, company details, etc. We will receive this information when you send a letter or email or call our employees. When you visit our website, you might also sometimes provide personal data. For example in the form of an IP address or a cookie.
Whose personal data do we process?
We can process the personal data of all people with whom we have contact or who visit our website. These are mainly customers of or potential customers of UltraPure International. We also process personal data of suppliers, business partners and applicants.
What do we use your personal data for?
UltraPure International uses your personal data for efficient and effective business operations. Mainly in the context of carrying out the following activities:
- We use your personal data so that we can provide you with appropriate information after you have indicated that you wish to receive this. For example quotations or brochures.
- Our financial department uses your personal data so that we can process your payments as well as possible.
- We use personal data for internal analyses.
- In order to carry out marketing activities, we process personal data of our (potential) business relations. For example your email address and your visit to our webpages. Based on these data, we can tailor our activities to your needs.
- We use personal data to contact you by phone if this is necessary to provide our services.
- We use personal data to inform you about changes to our services or products.
- We use personal data to deliver goods and services to you if necessary.
- We use personal data to be able to comply with statutory obligations.
Processing your personal data
The rules on protecting your personal data are laid down in the General Personal Data Protection Regulation. For the purposes for which UltraPure International processes your personal data, your personal data may be passed on to our parent company Indutrade Benelux B.V. and possibly some sister companies.
How long do we retain your personal data?
UltraPure International does not retain your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected.
View, adjust, or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You can send a request for access, correction or deletion to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your ID with the request. In this copy we ask you to blacken your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and citizen service number (BSN). This is to protect your privacy. UltraPure International will respond to your request as soon as possible.
What do we do in the event of fraud and abuse?
In the event of fraud or abuse, UltraPure International can pass on your personal data to the police and judicial authorities or to employees of UltraPure International who are responsible for safety and the enforcement of corporate rules.
Your personal details are in good hands. We take the protection of your data seriously and take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification. If despite this you feel that your data are not properly secured or if you have indications of abuse, please contact us.
UltraPure International reserves the right to regularly amend this privacy statement in order to explain matters even better.
Last update: 1 January 2018